Just a quick post here, if for no other reason so I can find it later myself.
With the last few versions of UltraEdit (up to v19 as of this writing) on my home machine (but not another machine I use UltraEdit on daily), my Coldfusion files would not correctly highlight upon opening.
There were two symptoms:
1. CFM files would highlight, but not CFC files.
2. The CFM file highlighting seemed "off" somehow.
Turns out the two symptoms had two causes:
1. The "cfm" file extension was associated with the HTML wordfile
2. The line terminators were wrong on the Coldfusion wordfile.
Steps to corret:
1. Removed the CFM extension from the HTML wordfile.
2. On the Coldfusion wordfile, which did have the CFM and CFC extensions, I had to convert the file.
On the Coldfusion wordfile, after opening, I could see "UNIX" in the status bar:
As of UltraEdit v19, you change this by choosing:
File > Conversions > Unix/Mac to DOS
You get a dialog about "can't undo", just choose "OK".
I had a CFC file open in another editor tab. As soon as I saved the converted Wordfile, it automatically picked up the syntax highlighting. Yay.
I found the original information on how to correct here, but it mentions hitting F12, but that might be old. Use the steps above with "Conversion" to properly correct.
- WIll Belden
April 13, 2013